Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shaken and Stirred Up

Matthew 7:21-23

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’"


Someone I know posted a blog post about this verse tonight and reading it impacted me. If anyone is interested, that post can be found here. I felt something shaken and stirred up inside me, as if something was calling me to action. I believe it was the Holy Spirit. This post isn't going to be long, and it's not intended to be weird, but I just felt something. I meditated on this verse and looked at my life and realized that my "Christianity" isn't even close to good enough. It's something I've always known but had seldom realized. Tonight, God hit me with this verse like a pile of bricks, so much so that all I could do was put my face to my bedroom floor and cry out to God to take my life and use it because I don't have the strength to give it away. But I want to. I want God to take it from me and use it for Him. I don't want to live a mediocre life. I want to bring my relationship with Jesus to the next level. I want to love righteousness and my Master, Jesus Christ, and hate sin and my adversary, Satan, even moreso than I do now. 


I guess I'm sick of saying "Good enough". I want change. I want my faith to be shaken and stirred up.

No comments:

Post a Comment